What is a sexologist?
A sexologist is someone who has extensively studied, at a University level, the field of human sexuality in all its aspects. There are presently three fields of professional practice in sexology: research, sexual education and clinical practice. A sexologist can be adept at all three, or specialise in at least two of these areas.
Why would you visit a sexologist?
There are many reasons one might make an appointment to see a sexologist, below are just some of them;
- You and/or your partner are experiencing sexual concerns
- You and your partner are experiencing differing levels of desire (mismatched libido/desire discrepancy)
- Erectile concerns (e.g. rapid ejaculation or inability to attain or maintain an erection)
- Inability to orgasm (anorgasmia)
- Painful sex (dyspareunia, vaginismus or vulvodynia)
- Problematic porn use
- Exploring your sexuality and sexual attraction
- Exploring your feelings about your gender